"A Thousand Pieces of You" - Claudia Gray



EUR €7,69 [D]
US $9,99
published: 03.11.2015 (Reprint)
HarperTeen
Paperback, 384 pages
ISBN: 978-0-06-227897-5

Marguerite Caine grew up surrounded by cutting-edge scientific theories, thanks to her brilliant physicist parents. Yet nothing is more astounding than her mother´s latest invention, a device called the Firebird that allows people to leap into alternate dimensions. When Marguerite´s father is murdered, all the evidence points to one person – Paul, her parents´ enigmatic star student. Before the law can touch him, Paul slips into another dimension, having committed what seems to be the perfect crime. But he didn´t count on Marguerite. With the help of another student, Theo, she chases Paul through various dimensions. With each new universe she leaps into, she meets another version of Paul that has her doubting his guilt and questioning her heart.

To be honest I didn´t expect much from this story, because I heard so much bad stuff about it before I even started to read. So many people didn´t like the story, said it was boring, flat and not worth to read the second book as well.
Well, I didn´t listen to those voices and I´m glad I did. Because this book is so awesome! I totally fell in love with it.
First of all: the cover. It is a dream, don´t you think?
The characters are by no means flat. Yes okay, Marguerite is a little naïve and starts questioning everything pretty late. But the idea behind all of this is genius and leads to headaches, if you start trying to figure out what this meant if it was real.
Paul is such a sweet guy tbh. Well, not really sweet. You know what I mean. I might have fallen in love with him.
And the plot twists – perfect!!

I am so looking forward to reading “Ten Thousand Skies Above You”

8 / 10 Stars for this lovely, mind-twisting beauty.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

"London Stalker"

"Tick Tack: Wie lange kannst du lügen?" - Megan Miranda

"Die 100" - Kass Morgan